Hose & Rubber External Provider Requirements (Terms & Conditions)
Hose & Rubber (hereafter referred to as H&R) expects you as a vendor (hereafter referred to as External Provider) to adhere to all applicable requirements designated below.
- All processes, products, and services to be provided to H&R are included in the purchase order sent to the External Provider. This purchase order and any accompanying communication will include all relevant technical data if applicable.
- By submitting this PO to the External Provider, H&R shows our approval of the products and services specified in the purchase order. H&R approves of the methods, processes, and equipment used to manufacture said product as far as those methods, processes, and equipment do not deviate from the methods, processes and equipment communicated by the External Provider to H&R. Further H&R approves the release of the product and/or services contained in the order to H&R.
- The External Provider shall acknowledge each purchase order to H&R within one business day of receipt of said order. The acknowledgement shall provide the following information: H&R’s cost for each item, country of origin for each item, promised delivery date (date product will be at H&R location) for all items available for shipment, promised delivery date (date product will be at the H&R location) for all back ordered items. Any items without a specified promised delivery date will be expected to be delivered one week from date of order.
- H&R requires that all those involved in the manufacturing and processing of our order have competencies equal or above those needed to perform their function. This includes but is not limited to having the required qualifications set out by the External Provider’s policy or dictated by any applicable governing body.
- H&R reserves the right to control the monitoring of the External Provider’s performance as it applies to work with H&R. H&R can, as needed, document attributes both redeeming and disparaging and grade the External Provider in relation to H&R’s other external providers. This report may be presented to the External Provider with the expectation of resolution in the case of unacceptable performance.
- H&R understands and expects there to be verification and validation between H&R and the External Provider for any activities that H&R or one of H&R’s customers intends to perform at/on the External Provider’s premises.
- All design and development shall be controlled to applicable standards as set forth in the specific purchase order calling for design or development.
- Any and all special requirements, critical items, or key characteristics shall be specified in the individual purchase order and/or accompanying documentation. H&R expects those requirements, items, and characteristics to be called out specifically in the acknowledgement.
- Any and all testing, inspections, or verifications (including production process verification) above or beyond what is standard shall be specified in the individual purchase order and/or accompanying documentation. H&R expects those tests, inspections and verifications to be called out specifically in the acknowledgement.
- H&R accepts the use of statistical techniques for product acceptance as long as the External Provider remains in good standing with H&R. Should the need arise H&R reserves the right to demand a more stringent protocol to resolve documented issues.
- H&R require the External Provider to implement a quality management system and to address the need for quality. H&R strongly encourages the External Provider to procure and stay in good standing with a certificated quality program. Evidence of these certifications should be delivered to H&R as the External Provider updates/amends them.
- When applicable H&R requires the External Provider to use customer-designated or approved external providers as set forth in the purchase order and/or accompanying documentation. This is to include but not limited to process sources or special processes.
- H&R requires the External Provider to notify H&R concerning any and all nonconforming processes, products, or services and expects the External Provider to work in good faith by granting H&R disposition over the pertaining products.
- The External Provider shall comply with the requirements of AS9100D 8.1.4 Prevention of Counterfeit Parts or equivalent, and the applicable sections of AS9100D 8.4.3 Information for External Providers.
- The External Provider shall ensure that foreign object debris/damage (FOD) is prevented and/or removed before shipment. In addition, this requirement shall be flowed down to the External Provider’s external providers.
- The External Provider shall indicate the country of origin on all packing slips in addition to the acknowledgement requirement listed above.
- The External Provider shall notify H&R of changes to process, products, or services; including changes of their external providers of location of manufacture, and obtain the approval of H&R.
- The External Provider shall flow down to their external providers all applicable requirements including customer requirements.
- The External Provider shall provide test specimens for design approval, inspection/verification, investigations or auditing at the behest of H&R.
- The External Provider shall retain documented information pertinent to H&R for no less than five years at which point the disposition is left to the guidelines of the External Provider.
- H&R Supply, our customers, and regulatory authorities retain the right of access to the External Provider, including: facilities involved in the product order & records applicable to product conformance to specifications.
- The External Provider shall ensure that all persons interacting directly or tangentially with a process, product, or service pertaining to H&R be made aware of their contribution and responsibility for the conformity of the process, product or service.
- The External Provider shall ensure that all persons interacting directly or tangentially with a process, product, or service pertaining to H&R be made aware of their contribution and responsibility to product safety and that all guidelines from the applicable regulatory bodies are followed.
- The External Provider shall ensure that all persons interacting directly or tangentially with a process, product, or service pertaining to H&R be made aware of the importance of ethical behavior in all aspects of their function as it pertains to H&R or a process that could directly or indirectly impact H&R.
- Hose & Rubber is an organization that strives to give visibility and a voice to those that are caught in human trafficking. The facts regarding this epidemic serve as a reminder to our company to use suppliers of a like-minded conviction so as to reduce and eventually stop the human trafficking trade.